Laser dentistry in Dubai you can count on for the best results
The 21st century has seen a revolution in technology and its most valuable contribution has been in the field of medicine. Both conventional treatments as well as more targeted areas such as dentistry have seen a great difference in their operations. In recent times, one of the biggest breakthroughs has been the introduction of the laser in surgery and other forms of medical treatments. From LASIK eye surgery to laser dentistry, the use of this technology is growing quite quickly.
A laser is a device that emits a very narrow yet powerful beam of light. When this beam comes into contact with tissues, it is able to reshape or get rid of them in order to achieve the desired result. Although it took some time to become as popular as it is today due to various legal requirements and protocols, the technology has been in existence since the 1990s and is now being used together with a variety of dental procedures.
How laser dentistry can benefit patients looking for dental improvements in Dubai
There are a number of benefits that can be experienced our treatments for laser dentistry in Dubai. For starters, as the beam ends in a narrow point, treatment is far more precise and targeted. Furthermore, as there are no scalpels or sharp instruments involved, pain is minimal and sometimes eliminates the need for anesthesia which contributes to a much more comfortable experience. This is also a good option for those who suffer with diabetes, as healing time is minimal and bleeding is far more lessened.
Our specialists in laser dentistry in Dubai are capable of taking care of dental problems such as tooth decay, gum diseases and especially biopsies to test for cancer cells. It is even known to be effective in teeth-whitening where a special chemical is applied on the teeth, and activated by the laser for absolute pearly whites.
Lasers have been deemed safe by the appropriate regulatory bodies, however it is still important that you exercise precaution, as prolonged exposure can still cause damage. Our dentists will be able to guide you through these guidelines and what you need to do during your appointment. Before you decide on the treatment on your however, you must undergo a consultation first to ensure this is the right form of treatment for you.
Advantages Of Laser Dentistry Include
- Procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers may not require stitches.
- Certain procedures do not require anesthesia.
- The technology minimizes bleeding because the high-energy light beam aids in the clotting (coagulation)of exposed blood vessels, thus inhibiting blood loss.
- Bacterial infections are minimized because the high-energy beam sterilizes the area being worked on.
- Damage to surrounding tissue is minimized.
- Wounds heal faster and periodontal tissues can be regenerated.
With this procedure, you can actually expect seven to ten shades much lighter color of teeth.
- It is known and proven to be the fastest option for teeth whitening, thus it easily and successfully produces satisfying immediate results.
- This procedure is a non-invasive treatment, which does not cause pain or bleeding during and after the session is done.
- More often than not, there is no anesthesia required for this treatment for this treatment is actually least painful among the different teeth whitening methods.
Laser Gum Depigmentation
Gum or gingival depigmentation is a cosmetic dentistry procedure used to remove dark spots on the gums. While the normal gum color is pale pink, abnormally high amounts of melanin can cause dark spots and patches to appear on the gum tissue. This gum discoloration can affect the appearance of your smile and result in decreased confidence and self-esteem.
This procedure is an ideal treatment option for children who have a very low connection of the fold of skin (frenum) between the two front teeth. The frenum oftentimes prevents proper closure of the space during orthodontic treatment. A laser frenectomy may also help to eliminate speech impediments, or difficulty with proper tooth brushing due to a low frenum.